Sunday, December 28, 2008

Rusty Old Man Favre throws away our playoff hopes, karma is a bitch

So you probably know by now that the Miami Dolphins are the AFC East champions, primarily (but not exclusively) due to the fact that Favre freaking sucks. Three interceptions. Three. Three! I heard the game on the radio (while returning from my game) and come on! Three! And this man is a Pro Bowl QB, which is a bit like Britney Spears winning multiple MTV awards for 'Piece of Me.'

But I'm not going to lie: as someone on the anti-Mangini Train, I was, in a way, very pleased that of all QBs to beat them, they lost the final game to Pennington. This, to me, is a great story. He gets cast aside in a truly wretched manner by the Jets to bring in Favre, then has what has got to be a career-best year. So ha, ha. And that's the karma part of the post.

I still have lots to say about match-ups, football, and everything else. Not quite time for a full blog switch to hockey. Not quite.

And sometimes I do hate it when I'm right. Weeks ago, I said Miami had the best shot at the AFC East title. Boo me.

No comments: