Sunday, December 21, 2008

Good news, everyone! (Seahawks beat Jets)

Start the Heimlich maneuver because the Jets are awfully close to choking. Several bizarre plays allowed the Seahawks to win 13-3. I think my favorite was when they snapped the ball late on the field goal attempt. Yet I also liked when instead of trying for the field goal on the next attempt (+5 yards), Mangini opted to punt instead. And let's not forget that late 4th and long call that resulted in naught -- actually, worse than naught, because the Seahawks went on to score a field goal and put the game away.

The sportscaster was even more unimpressed with Mangini's calls that I was, which takes a lot.

The dream is still alive. Barely. I can't bring myself to say 'Go Jets,' but I would prefer that they win next week against Miami.

No comments: