Sunday, November 2, 2008

Week 9: Part 1

Buffalo loses to the Jets, which means that if the Pats lose tonight we are all tied at 5-3. Weird! Buffalo did not seem to have it together today...like a 91-yard turn-over not have it together. Have they started a decline? I can't possibly bring myself to say that the Jets have started an ascent, even if they have. Which they haven't.

Tennessee came awfully close to suffering its first loss and man, I wish I had seen that game (no AFC games were shown here at 1pm, not a one). I did watch the overtime via nfl.com, but that is not exactly the same. In related news, Cincinnati is no longer winless. Nfl.com tried to convey the weirdness of the last Jax play, but it didn't quite make it.

I really thought that the Lions were not going to be winless after today, but I guess that is not meant to be this week. Orton goes out for the Bears, but they manage to pull it together enough to beat the Lions. Let's face facts: if you don't pull it together to beat the Lions, it will be a long week.

Tampa Bay barely pulls it off last second. Kansas City fans, I am sorry. That was a lousy ending.

As I am writing this, Miami leads Denver (which surprises me less than it might have two weeks ago); Atlanta is destroying Oakland; Seattle is up by one TD over Philly (battle of the Teams No One Thought Would Be This Cruddy); and the Cowboys are trying to score their starting points in the red zone with the Giants up 14-0. Eli had some kind of delay of game, followed by a fumble (Manning being Manning).

No comments: