Monday, November 17, 2008

If you would all just listen to me, we wouldn't be in this mess

Dan Pees on the Jets game and secondary coverage

'Well, there were a couple of times that they really shouldn’t have been a problem, particularly the third and 15 at the end of the game. We actually blew coverage and it really shouldn’t have been as big a problem - it wasn’t so much them presenting the problem as us presenting the problem to ourselves. So that was the case with a couple of them. I think we just didn’t play good enough technique on one of them that I can remember particularly and then on the last one we just didn’t do a very good job on the coverage; we blew the coverage. That’s our fault. I give their tight ends credit. He does a nice job and [Dustin] Keller [#81] is a good tight end, but we’ve got to do a better job.'

Exactly.

'It wasn't so much them presenting the problem as us presenting the problem to ourselves' pretty much sums up that entire game, I think.

No comments: