Sunday, February 21, 2010

Starts with Randy Moss, ends with Rodney Harrison

Randy Moss, playing at a charity game in Jupiter, FL, stated that he doesn't think he'll be a Patriot after 2010. This did not come off as selfish or diva-esque, or anything else. He thinks that his value will be less than they will be willing to pay.

But Randy, what about our love? Our deep-seeded love? I hope that he is proven wrong, although I respect his candor in the matter. Good guy, really.

Incidentally, I have stopped reading 'Extra Points,' the boston.com Patriots blog, because I couldn't deal with the lack of professional proofreading (this is the website of the Boston Globe, so come on people and step it up). Actually, that's a bit of a white lie. I did stop reading for those reasons, but my tipping point was when they ran a story asking who doesn't like Peyton Manning. The answer: me, and about 75% of your readership. I do still read their Red Sox coverage (even when they post somewhat ick pictures of Josh Beckett...see previous post).

Here is a fabulous example, though, of the crapterrific proofreading:

'Former Patriots safety Rodney Harrison hit on the team's absence of a defensive coordinator and dearth of leadership at Heath Evans's charity softball game.'

I had no idea that you needed a defensive coordinator for softball or that there was a dearth of leadership at Heath Evans's game. Dear me. They take their off-season charity softball seriously, I guess.

If you're wondering, Rodney basically feels that Bill is capable of everything and anything, and that it will all be okay. Although he did point to a lack of leadership with the young defense.

No comments: