Saturday, February 13, 2010

Florida Panthers' Management Not Nice

I've decided to acknowledge the existence of hockey again. Amazingly, Montreal is currently in the running for a playoff spot, despite the fact that they've been, um, kind of bad (apart from the bizarre win against the Capitals the other night, ending their 14-game win streak).

Anyway, the talk today is about the Florida Panthers and a letter that the management wrote to the fans acknowledging that they suck. For reference, they are currently third from the bottom in the Eastern Conference and on a 5-game losing streak. For additional reference, the Leafs are in the basement. HA! But I digress.

Anyway, the letter used lots of fun businessese, including such classic phrases as 'going forward,' which is one of my least favorite. They have asked the fans not to judge them until they are done with their rebuilding process. When would that be? How do you know?

This move seems like a bad one, in my opinion. Talk about dividing the players from the management. And why would this be made public? Just make changes and keep it in the organization. You've probably already figured out that I don't like it when players air their dirty laundry in public, but I've learned from this experience that I hate it when management does it even more.

No comments: