Thursday, February 18, 2010

Please re-sign Deion Branch. I want to see this

So as usual in the off-season, speculation is running wild about three things:

1) Will the Patriots sign Jason Taylor? My gut says, 'no.'
2) Will the Patriots sign Julius Peppers? My gut says, 'no.'
3) Will the Patriots acquire Deion Branch again? My heart says, 'Please, please, please, please, please.'

Addressing the question of whether he would be willing to return to New England, Branch said the following: "I still love coach Belichick, and if the opportunity presents itself to come back, I would love to be there. I still talk to Tom [Brady] to this day, and the crazy part is, you never lose that relationship with guys, especially when you do something special, which is what we did in my first four years in New England. I still talk with half of the team. To this day, I still talk with half of the guys that were on the team with me. It’s a special bond. For us to reunite, I don’t know. I would probably be crying at the press conference, if it happens."

There might be something that gets caught in my eye as well.

Plus, then if we are really, really lucky, we might get to see the Deion Branch Dance again. Love this guy.

No comments: