Monday, September 14, 2009

Insanity for the win!

Pats beat the Bills, 25-24. Yes. Really. Craziness ensued left, right, and center. There was even an attempt at multiple laterals to end the game. Yes. Really. Multiple laterals.

However, I have to say, even though it was closer than we probably thought it would be, there was ever so much that I loved about the Pats tonight. Sure, they started kind of slow and passes were not connecting at first. But that drive in the 4th to score the Ben Watson TD, my LORD that was like good old days. Only slightly cooler. Who am I kidding? It was a drive of beauty.

A few observations:

1) We do not need Mayo injured! I hope that whatever happened to him is not serious. He was walking on the sideline afterward, but then again, Tom Brady didn't take the damn cart last year and he needed season-ending knee surgery. It would be really helpful if, when players get seriously injured, they would take the cart. That way, we would know.

2) Tully Banta-Cain brought it. And then some. Welcome back, cool name dude.

3) Gruden is a moron when sportscasting.

4) WE HAVE CORNERS. I could have kissed Leigh Bodden for breaking up a play. I think that he has already broken up more than our corners combined last year.

5) Were we great tonight? No. We definitely have improvements to make. But I have to say that even with all of the defensive gaps, I think that there is some real potential here and that is fantastic. One thing that you cannot say about the defense: it was not sluggish. Compare that to the past two seasons. There is something just sad about how Junior Seau can come out of retirement and make a serious contribution. That was the sign last year that changes needed to be made, and In Bill I Trust. <-- of course, this is nothing against Junior, who is a freaking warrior.

6) I cannot say enough about those hurry-up drives. They were fab! Fab! Fab!

More to come, I am sure. Yay NFL!

No comments: