Saturday, February 28, 2009

And Matt Cassel makes three (if you count Pioli)

Matt Cassel was also traded to the Chiefs as part of the Vrabel deal. We got their second-round pick in return.

I know, I was 34 minutes slow on this story. That's what happens when I do work.

You might be asking, 'That's it?' I know that I was. Here is Reiss to explain. One thing to bear in mind: there is no guarantee that Cassel will step up at the same level. Somehow I don't think that we can forget he had Wes Welker and Randy Moss in New England (even if he wasn't throwing to Randy so often, it did mean other teams had to compensate for him in their defensive coverage). So yeah, now let's use that 2nd round pick for Good and not Evil. Or maybe just for a corner.

And here's Mark from NH with a parting thought:

"Ye of little faith. Do you think there is no master plan in place, not yet disclosed.
In Bill we trust. Come on you cranks, he didn't get to the top of the food chain being stupid."

No comments: