Monday, January 19, 2009

Superbowl all set

And it comes down to: Arizona vs. Pittsburgh! Okay, who would have called that a month ago? Maybe the Pittsburgh part, but probably not the Arizona part.

That being said, both games were relatively close affairs. It has been a (mostly) exciting playoff year with a few major upsets to keep it interesting.

I was kind of hoping for a Pennsylvania showdown of the Eagles vs. the Steelers, but I guess that was just not meant to be.

My prediction: I just don't know. Arizona has come to play for each of their playoff games and done a great job. However, the Steelers defense can be extremely efficient (as I saw first-hand against New England). It could be a great game, provided that the Other Arizona Cardinals don't show up -- the ones who lost 47-7 against a team that didn't even make the playoffs.

From a QB perspective, though, I kind of like Warner over Roethlisberger. Warner has been here a few times and knows what he's doing. Sure, Roethlisberger won once, but I've come to like Warner during the playoffs.

Next weekend is bye week in preparation. It's good to have bye week so that I can get ready for No Football At All for months and months afterward.

No comments: