Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year, I'm not letting it go

I should probably make my New Year's Resolution to stop hating on the Jets, particularly since Mangini is gone. But we all know that lifestyle changes can be difficult to implement and take time. Until I have moved on, here is the latest.

Running back Thomas Jones went on the radio to complain that Favre should have been benched -- he's saying what I was thinking. While my gut reaction is, 'Don't complain about such things in the press,' I remain contented knowing that the Jets will always be...the Jets as long as this kind of behavior continues.

However, I also have a question as to who was Favre's back-up because come on, not even Mangini would not have a back-up for a rusty, old QB, right? And the answer is: Kellen Clemens, who came in last year for Pennington after he was kinda/sorta injured (then benched). So why not put him in when your QB is throwing more INTs than TDs? A question only Mangini can answer, I guess.

You'll also be thrilled to know that newyorkjets.com is profiling each playoff game 'from a Jets angle.' What does that mean? No such nonsense over at the Patriots website.

No comments: