Thursday, May 13, 2010

Habs win! On to Round 3!

We have only 8 more games to go before we win the Stanley Cup! If only it were that easy.

Anyway, idiots decided to riot in Montreal last night even though: a) we still haven't won the Cup and b) rioting is stupid. However, the story brought some fun quotes, including my favorite:

' [McGill] Classmate Evan Martow, a Torontonian who was born in Montreal, said he’s never seen the kind of team spirit in Hogtown. “People here support the team regardless of how they’re doing.”'

Ha! Yeah, that's called 'being a fan.' This is exactly why, as a small child, I chose to cheer for Montreal over Toronto.

Next game is Sunday night, the opponent is still undetermined. It's either Philadelphia or Boston, which is fine by me because I dislike both of these franchises.

1 comment:

Emart said...

Yea, the reporter seemed intrigued that I was born in Montreal, grew up in Toronto, and was at the Habs game, and I decided to seize the opportunity to say something quotable (the alcohol helped, too :P).

Glad it got you a laugh!

-Evan Martow

(I decided to take a study break and Google'd myself, and a couple pages in found this post)