Friday, April 30, 2010

Habs win Round 1. Rating: Guarded Optimism

Now, I know that I am the eternal pessimist fan and that I had little/no faith in this year's Habs. But then I saw them in Round 1 and they played well, well enough that I thought, 'Maybe there is a chance.'

Well, there is more of a chance because they won a nailbiter on Wednesday, 2-1, to go on to Round 2. I almost got a bit teary-eyed, I am the first to admit. Coming back from a 3-1 deficit against the #1 ranked team was, for me, almost impossible, but somehow they did it.

It started with Halak's incredible amazingness in net. And we just went from there. Who knows if we can repeat this round (we haven't made it past round 2 in 17 years, after all). But wow, I am actually turning into almost an optimist.

Almost.

I still think we lose in Round 2, though.

No comments: