Sunday, January 24, 2010

Choke of Favral proportions

Tonight, I almost feel sorry for Brett Favre.

Almost.

Because that was painful. First, what a completely stupid penalty the Vikings took. Too many men in the huddle? That is a Don Cherry move! Except that instead of leading to the game-winning score, it put them out of field goal range.

Then, he threw what has got to be the interception to end all interceptions. Now as you may recall, the last time that Favre made it to the NFC Championship game (2007), he also gave up a critical interception, leading to the Giants' win. Damn you, Brett Favre. Damn you for that interception.

I was pulling for the Saints, so I am glad at the result. But I have just one word to describe what happened there from a Vikings standpoint: ouch.

I will feel sorry for him right up until the moment he starts talking about coming out of retirement. Then my pity shall dissipate.

No comments: