Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Indianapolis Colts' Schedule

Here it is:

Jacksonville
Miami
Arizona
Seattle
Tennessee
St. Louis
San Francisco
Houston
New England
Baltimore
Houston
Tennessee
Denver
Jacksonville
NY Jets
Buffalo

How many challenging games do you see there? The Pats, Broncos, and maybe Baltimore? Now I realize that they are in an easy division this year (with Tennessee and Jacksonville being messes), but apart from that, they are playing two of the three teams that are currently winless (and we are going into Week 8 here). In fact, they are playing one of those two teams twice, because it's Tennessee.

Before you say something crazy like, 'Oh yeah? The Pats have played two of the three winless teams too,' let me counter with the fact that we spent the first five weeks playing teams that were undefeated when we met them. Which the Colts have had to do never this year, apart from Week 1 when everyone is undefeated.

Now, I also know that we had the benefit of playing the NFC West last year, so we also had an easy schedule. But we were playing our back-up QB and I don't think we fully understood the full awfulness of the Rams until this year.

So I think - despite the fact that typing this is making my skin crawl - that they could possibly go undefeated. I don't want them to, because I want us to shut them down (and as ever many others who want in on that action), but I fear that they could pull it off. Unless....maybe Houston will step up? They almost beat the Colts last year, right up until one of those very Schaubisch moments when he throws an interception in the last few minutes.

No comments: