Monday, May 25, 2009

Leave Big Papi alone!

I am currently out of the country (at least, out of the US) and have not been following...well...everything as closely as usual. That and seeing as how I am not a basketball fan and my hockey team a choké, the sports world just does not hold so much interest right now.

However, I do have MLB Audio, meaning I can hear all the games, and last night I (finally!) got to hear most of a Red Sox outing. And I could not believe my ears. At Fenway Park, were there actually people booing David Ortiz? Because if so, you deserve to be banned and never, ever, EVER allowed to go back! Sure, he is in a slump, but this is Big Papi! I don't care if he's batting .001, he's done enough for this team to earn life-long love every time he steps up at Fenway.

Says the man: "I am what I am. I like what I am. I'm not going to lie to you. I'm taking good swings. There's nothing much you can do about it. Sometimes you put a good swing on the ball, and it won't go nowhere."

You Papi haters, on the other hand, do not like yourselves so much I think.

No comments: