Sunday, April 12, 2009

Red Sox after 5: meh

Greetings from the basement of the AL East. Sure, after yesterday we've had to share that basement with Tampa, but we are still in there. Oh the irony of Tampa and Boston being in the basement. Oh the irony.

Anyway, what I have seen thus far of the Red Sox has not been all that impressive. Starting pitchers are not quite there yet. Papelbon last night managed to load the bases in the 9th inning before finally delivering a save (and he gave up a homerun in that inning, bringing the Angels to within 1 run). I hope that he is just getting off to a slow start and/or having the worst slump of the season now and getting it over with. I saw him pitch at Fort Myers (where I believe he also gave up a homerun) and he hasn't quite looked like himself yet in my eyes.

Baseball, of course, is a super long season and there are still plenty of games to go. Hopefully the Red Sox will pick it up, though.

No comments: