Sunday, April 12, 2009

Habs to play Bruins in round 1 of playoffs

(I know, I've been terrible at blogging, hopefully slightly more now that baseball has started).

Montreal barely squeaked into the playoffs by losing in OT to the Bruins last week. Now if that isn't a decisive qualification, I don't know what is. Honestly, I love them and all, but really? Do we really need to be humiliated in Round 1?

Astute fans will have noted that the situation is almost precisely reversed to a year ago: Montreal was top of the conference and played the #8 Bruins in Round 1. Also, we were almost eliminated by them and it went to 7 games. Sort of shameful, to be honest. Montreal, of course, was then knocked out completely in Round 2, showing that the whole 'We won the conference' thing must have been a fluke.

Historically, Montreal has done well against Boston in the playoffs. However, as I think most of us believe, this time around will probably give the Bruins a few games to balance off that statistic.

I am liking the Bruins and Sharks in the final. It pains me to say that, but it could be worse. The Leafs didn't even make the playoffs, so nyeah.

No comments: